5 Underrated Dramas

Dramas with potential that never reach out to viewers? Here I'm listing 5 dramas that in my opinion are underrated, people either never give them a chance, or just completely missed the point of it and felt like it's "boring" (mostly because none of these contains romance)

1. The Master of Revenge (2016)

The Master of Revenge



Okay now here we got a new drama. I watched this one while it was airing cus it looked interesting. Now this is a very powerful drama, 20 episodes, but soo many things happen and the best is how they switch from past days to present days. We get to see how the man in the lower part of the poster used to live, and the guy above him and his three friends. I rated it an 8 while the average is 7.6, it's fairly okay but I still feel like some haven't seen the real beauty behind this drama and it's not that popular. Revenge, it is about, but also the power of friendship, how it's unlimited by sacrificing everything for the sake of your friends safety. I love this drama. It's about noodles too! I seriously don't know where to begin, the revenge, the backstory of each character, the noodle-making, the tragic plot, the beautiful scenery, I DON'T KNOW, just watch it. It's so sad also you might cry.

2. Hero (2009)

Hero

I watched this drama when I was fairly new into the drama world, around 2012. Back then I kinda liked watching dramas with romance (curious of how koreans potrayed it in their films) but I still wanted to give this one a try because the poster looked cool. I rated it an 8 out of 10, and according to MyDramaList, it has the average rating of 7.2 -.- Okay I can actually agree why rating it a 7 is enough, but I feel like I could actually see the potential this drama has. A very small newspaper company use their power of writing by delivering the truth of what's happening in their surrounding without cheating and doing it wholeheartedly with no harm intended, just doing it for the sake of the civilization. How great isn't that! Give this one a chance, don't focus on other parts of it, just of the point of this drama.

3. Nihonjin no Shiranai Nihongo (2010)

Image result for nihonjin no shiranai nihongo

The Japanese that Japanese don't know (complicated title, but thats what this drama's all about lol). Man I don't even remember when I watched this, such a long time ago, or why I watched it (maybe because of the swedish flag? :P). The girl in the poster is a Japanese teacher, and she teaches foreigners from different countries japanese for a short amount of time. This is a really nice drama actually, I know I rated it 7 and the average rating on mdl is 7.1, if you watch this halfheartedly you'd probably rate it 6 (which in my case is "fine") because what's so funny about this one? Teacher that teaches non japanese, japanese? But there's more to this. We get to see how deep she goes with the relatonship with every student and helpes them out in their real life too, how nice isn't that. It's a plus if you like learning japanese. (Read my mdl review here)

4. Birdie Buddy (2011)

Birdie Buddy

I think I watched this one late 2012-ish. At first I was like uuoohhhhhhh!! So boring!! But then I picked it up again and finished it all, and I loved it. I rated it 8 (very good) and the average rating in mdl issss dun dun dun: 6.4! Wow. Really?? Come on this drama is good! I mean I had zero interest in golf until I watched this one, it had potential people I swear. We get to see how Sung Mi Soo (Uee) starts playing golf and goes on adventure and finds and american gandalf in the mountains who helps her to become a professional golf player, who wouldn't like that? I think people hated this one because of the ending (which I absolutely don't remember) that had to do with her relationship with the dreadlocks guy (in the poster he got that fresh cut tho). The fact that I don't remember prob means that I don't care, I wanted to play golf after that!

5. Holy Land (2012)

Holy Land

Ah, Holy Land. One of my favorite dramas. Again, I watched this one a looooooooooong time ago (dammit I've seen all of these a long time ago!). I rated it a 9 (once it was a 10) and on mdl the average rating is 7.5 hmh it's still pretty low. This was a very short drama tho, 4 episodes, it would be great if it was longer, despite that they still did pretty well in a span of 4 episodes. I mean look at the poster. I'm in love with it. Okay so this guys (Shin Dong Ho) wants to learn how to defend himself because he's a pushover in school and in the streets, so he learns boxing. Very beautiful, I don't even have to explain more than this goddamnit it's 4 episodes just go watch it!



Yeah guys that was that, the thing all these have in common? No romance (maybe a little here and there, but it's not the focus). What do you think about these, have you seen them? Are they underrated in your opinion or are there other underrated dramas? Do you even like them? Comment your thoughts, see ya! /Yume

Comments