[Drama Review] Voice

Voice

Related image
@Soompi
Can we just take a minute and admire this poster? It's so beautiful, the red and blue color combining and becoming a harmony~

okay now let's talk about this drama.

So this drama started airing in January and I remember being strucked by lightning by the two first episodes. I literally counted down every second until it started airing I was sooo looking forward to this one and had a feeling that this is going to be awesome. I wasn't wrong.

Overall: I give this one a 9 out of 10 - great! This is one of the unique dramas out there, definitely. The directors and writers really know how to effect the viewers, I have no idea how they do that, I don't know how to explain but the drama is recorded in a unique way. There were no complicated parts, trust me I'm someone who has a hard time understanding what the hell is going on in a drama, but Voice was made simply, but is still professionally made, filmed through another angle to effect and awake certain feelings of us, viewers. It was always exciting, from the beginning til the end. I don't recall any boring episodes honestly, but I would say that some parts were dragging, a lot. Despite that, it most definitely retains your interest throughout the whole drama.

Image result for voice 2017 korean drama
@TheDramaBeans

Story: What's the drama about then? The story itself is not so new, two police officers are trying to find and catch a psychopathic murdurer that kills people wildly with no mercy, starting the chase with only having his voice as a help? Yep, kind of like an upgraded version of every other police/criminal dramas. The two police officers, Moo Jin Hyuk and Kang Kwon Joo are both family of the victims this guy murdered. JH is a normal detective and KJ is a police officer working in the 911 center (or 112 center?), the main thing about this drama is about the "voice", who's voice? The killer's voice! What about the killer's voice? Well, you see, KJ is a voice profiler. I did not know that this is an actual thing, so I searched it up and it seems like voice profiling is actually starting to become a new tool to analyze voices, apparently. So she has an outstanding hearing skill and can hear small details really well, and she has memorized the killer's voice, she and JH teamed up and they try to find the killer based on that voice (and other stuff too of course). One miss was that, I think we all knew from the very beginning who the killer is, sigh, I would love to know how it is not to know who it was, but it wasn't intentionally going to be a secret because they kinda revealed it themselves later on ;)

First impression: Like I said, the first episodes were like the light struck me. It was so intense! Like bam! I was on the edge of my chair since the first minute of the drama, like holy shit. The following episodes were also intense but also kinda repeating. It starts with an 112 call of a serious situation, and the police team (Golden Time team) try to find the victim and the criminal while KJ is on the phone with the victim and it ends good. It was like that for a few episodes, same thing but different situations, until it started to change course. We never got any hints from the psychopathic killer since the first episode, until way later.

Ending: The ending was good. Being one of those who's watched 150+ dramas, you don't really know how to react to a drama coming to an end, you don't quite know how to react to the ending I'm mostly like "okay.. it's ending soon, what to do?". Because you kinda know how it's going to end, you know it's going to be a good, happy ending and that they're gonna wrap it all up in the last 20 minutes. For this drama, they actually added a twist to the ending. A dark unpredicted twist. I'm still not sure if I like it, but this drama has been dark since the beginning so I just gotta go with the flow.

Acting: Jang Hyuk, like always, is amazing. He did a nice job playing his character, especially with his voice when he talked in a certain way. As for Lee Ha Na, I have not seen here in any other drama or movie so this was my first with her. Judging by her works, I don't think she has acted this role out before, but I was definitely impressed by her acting, especially her character! I think her character is the first female character I've ever liked and thought was 'so cool'. I mean if you've seen other dramas where the female is usually potrayed as useless, dumb and good for nothing, *cough* Bad Guys *cough*, this one was definitely not like that, the total opposite. We need more female characters like her!

Conclusion: I loved this drama, it's amazing you should watch it if you haven't. They really did a good job in making this drama by effecting us in certain ways, it was very dark, very mind twisting, psychological, thrilling, mysterious, so violent, so.. beautiful *tear dripping slowly*
Every character in this drama is playing an important role. they really took the time to show us each one's story, even the antagonist. That way we can take the drama seriously and really feel it. Very nice (I'm thinking maybe I should just give it a 10 anyways).

Do you agree that this is a great drama?

Comments