Old But Gold



These days, soooo many new dramas and movies are flowing in idek where to begin with some πŸ‘»πŸ˜–
I thought I'd dedicate this post to the oldies~~
They might have bad quality, the acting might be a bit off, the fashion... lmao, might be at its worst. But!!!! These dramas are still so good and even beats some of the new ones!

Gokusen (2002)
Gokusen
Gokusen is a classic. It's very old actually and I didn't see it until like 2014, but I loved it! It's about the worst boy class in school, no teacher can handle these boys, until a new teacher who's a bit different, takes care of them and actually survives lmao.

The Queen's Classroom (2005)
The Queen's Classroom
Another masterpiece. It's a pretty simple drama. We have a teacher who has a little bit of special teaching methods. She starts to work in an elementary school and is very strict with many things. You might hate her in the beginning, but honestly she is a very good teacher, even if it's hard to see that on the outside. There's even a korean remake with the same name.

Devil Beside You (2005)
Devil Beside You
One of my favorite Taiwanese dramas. It's a cute yet fresh drama about students where a girl tries to confess her love to a guy she likes, but ends up confronting the school's troublemaker instead. He sees it as a nice opportunity to have fun with her and keeps bullying her by letting her run errands and so on.

Hana Yori Dango (2005)
Hana Yori Dango
Yep, you guessed it. The original version of Boys Over Flowers (cringes). This is not the original version tho, the original one is from 1995. BUT, it's not as cringeworthy as BOF which is the reason why this one's so good. I was shocked tbh, I had seen BOF before this one but was so impressed of the jap version. It's not as dramatic, it's funny, and honsestly I love the cast more (I mean ALL of them are my fav). It's a very, very, classic drama that at least everyone has seen.

Nobuta Wo Produce (2005)
Nobuta Wo Produce
Yamapi and Kame, yaas ❤ These two guys here help a girl, who's introverted and gets bullied because of that, to become more popular in school to stop the bullying. We see a fresh friendship throughout the drama, and it's hilarious. Bye cycle!!

Jumong (2006)
Jumong
Oh a korean drama, finally πŸ˜‚ This is one of my favorite dramas. It's very old, it's gold, but ALSO NOT SO POPULAR. Why? Maybe because it has 81 episodes xDDD I don't think anyone has time for dat! But honeslty, this is so good. It's like riding a rollercoaster. So adventurous. It's about Jumong, who's born as a prince but he's actually not the king's son. We see his life, how he handles the hate from his brothers, how he exit the whole majestic world to find his own and explore the world. In the end he strives to buld his own country. literally the male version of Cinderella. It's amazing.

LIAR GAME (2007)
LIAR GAME
Let's... Let's ignore Shota's hair in that poster, BWAHAHAHAH I'm still laughing at it. Liar Game is probably the best psychological drama out there. It's about people getting invited to play a certain game, all against each other. To win, you have to be very smart and be able to lie and trick your opponent to win the big sum of money. Very suspense too.

Time Between Dog and Wolf (2007)
Time Between Dog and Wolf
This is all about action, even if you hate action (like me) you'll still prob gonna like this one. I would say it's a little bit underrated but still, those who has seen them all agree that it's good. It's about spies, NIS, Thai criminals and all that. The plot is nice so it doesn't make you bored which is good.

Hana Kimi (2007)
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
Oh. OH OH OH. One of my first dramas. One of my fav. THE LEGENDARY HANA KIMI. jk but no honestly this one's as popular as BOF (by that I mean this is a must that everyone has seen). Today there's just sooo many gender bender dramas that it's kinda becoming trite and boring. But this one's a classic, maybe the first gender bender drama out there? That's why this one can't get hated. It's about a girl who dresses herself up as a boy to go to an all boys school, just to meet her idol, a famous athlete. I think you can guess the rest :) This one's the best and will always be. I'm still in love with Ikuta Toma since I saw this one back in 2011.

Autumn's Concerto (2009)
Autumn's Concerto
Honsetly, I just recently watched this one. I know, I'm just a little bit late to the party. But I've always known that this is a great drama and I was not wrong. Do you have trouble knowing if you like the drama you're watching? When you keep thinking about it and just feel like you want to watch it so bad, that's when you know, and that's how I know that I loved this one. We have this girl who works in an university, cafeteria, she's very pretty and is known as the "bento girl", every guy confesses to her everyday. One day, the school's director or something's son made a bet that he'd kiss her on their first date with his friends. That how their first encounter started, and the rest is history.. no just kidding, watch it and you'll know :D

There you have it peeps, old but gold dramas. Should I write about some movies too? /Yume

Comments